Bread crostini and pancetta
Member recipe by alessandra75
Littles bread's crostini with a crispy touch and a velvety taste. A great and fast recipe for appetizers and snacks.
- 1 long French loaf (in italian "filoncino")
- 100 g of Italian pancetta (or unsmoked bacon)
- some fresh thyme
- 3-4 tbsp of pinenuts
- 3-4 tbsp of olive oil
- ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C/gas 4, cut the loaf in thin slices (about 1-2 cm thick) and toast them in the oven for some minutes.
- Toast the pinenuts in a pan, without any fat, until light brown.
- Cover the "filoncino" slices with some pancetta, decorate with a few toasted pinenuts and some leaves of fresh thyme. Sprinkle with extra-virgin olive oil and a bit of ground white pepper. Serve already made.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…