Creamy Chicken with Red Pesto
Member recipe by lmayne
A quick, versatile midweek meal using the Indian method of cooking meat in its own juices.
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- Half a glass of white wine
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 1 green finger chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 400g chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pan with a lid and stir fry the mushrooms over a medium heat for 3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the white wine and boil off the alcohol and reduce over a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pesto and the chopped chilli and stir to combine. Add the creme fraiche and stir until fully melted.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir to ensure the meat is coated. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the chopped chives (if using) and serve with rice.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…