spicy spag bol
Member recipe by daisymai
Simple spaghetti bolognaise with a kick. You can adjust the spices according to taste. I sometimes leave the garam masala out altogether. This is a firm favourite in our house and usually what I cook when stuck!!!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves (according to taste)
- 1 or 2 small red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1lb lean minced beef
- 1 small tin tomato paste(about 5 or 6 tbsps)
- 1/2 pint beef stock
- Ground black pepper
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, chopped (optional)
- Spaghetti (or fusilli) for 4 (check mfrs instructions)
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a casserole dish and add the onion, garlic and chilli(es). Cook, stirring, until soft.
- Next add the spices and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the minced beef and stir until brown. Then stir in the tomato paste and beef stock. Stir well and season with pepper.
- Finally add the carrots and celery, bring to the boil and then simmer for 40 minutes
- Serve with spaghetti or fusilli (or similar) and freshly grated parmesan if liked.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…