Member recipe by honeymustard
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pieces
Chocolate bars with dried fruit, cherries and nuts and covered in chocolate.
- 3 x 100g blocks of dark chocolate (I use a good one, over 70% cocoa solids).
- 113g butter.
- 113g of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa generously heaped.
- 1 large whole egg.
- 2 tablespoon Tia Maria.
- 226g digestive crushed biscuits.
- 113g dried fruit (mixed dried fruit if you like candid peel or just sultanas are good).
- 170g cherries (I like to leave them whole).
- 1 small packet of whole almonds (halved).
- Line 28 cm x 18 cm tin with foil (or smaller tin if you prefer a deeper bar).
- Break half the chocolate into small pieces and put on the foil and gently melt the chocolate in a very low oven (I use the simmering oven of my Aga). Alternatively melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water (safest way) spread on foil and leave to set in fridge.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and sugar in a saucepan or a bowl in the microwave.
- Remove from heat and add beaten egg, cocoa and booze. If you do not like Tia Maria, try brandy, sherry or another liqueur.
- Add biscuits, nuts, cherries and dried fruit.
- Spread mixture over hardened chocolate and level with the back of spoon.
- Gently melt remaining chocolate (in bowl in microwave or over a pan of hot water as before) and spread on top of the mixture and level.
- Leave to go cold in the fridge then cut into fingers.
- Keeps beautifully! (If you can leave it alone!)
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…