Sticky BBQ Sauce
Member recipe by suzylrobins
Sticky BBQ sauce ideal to use as a glaze for spare ribs, corn on the cob or vegetable skewers. Also good as a dipping sauce for potato wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red chill finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 55g dark brown sugar
- 300ml tomato ketchup
- 50ml dark soy sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry until soft and fragrant.
- Add the finely chopped chilli, sugar and crushed fennel seeds. Cook until sugar melted making sure to stir often so it doesn't stick and burn.
- Add the soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Serve as a dip with chunky wedges or use as a glaze on spare ribs/vegetables and cook in the oven or on a bbq.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…