Best banana cake - ever!
Member recipe by emh123
don't throw those sad looking banana's away! use them to make this delicious sweet, sticky, moist and very easy to make cake
- 2-3 over ripe bananas
- 150 grams golden caster sugar
- 225 grams self raising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 110 ml sunflower oil
- preheat oven to 170C
- mash bananas and combine with the sugar
- add the other ingredients and mix well or even easier place everthing in a food processor and whizz until mixed well.
- pour into tin lined with baking parchment, ( I use a loaf tin)
- bake for approx 45 mins until firm to the touch
- cool in the tin for approx 10 mins before transfering to cooling tray
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…