Member recipe by -una-55-
Large, flat mushrooms stuffed with sausagemeat stuffing and garlic butter
- 12 Large Flat Mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 cups of breadcrumbs (approx or enough to make stuffing)
- 2 tsps Dried Italian Herbs
- Fresh Parsley and Oregano
- 1 pk of 8 sausages (227g - I used Denny)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove the stalk from the mushrooms, finely slice and and add to the chopped onion. Saute in a saucepan for 5 - 10 mins with a tbsp oil.
- Melt Tablespoon of butter to the onion and mushroom mix and tip in the breadcrumbs, mix well and take off the heat. Add the Fresh and Dried herbs to taste and season, be careful not to add too much salt.
- Remove the sausages from their skin, and add to the stuffing mix, mix well with your hands.
- Crush the Garlic and mix with the remaining butter. Fold the Garlic butter into the sausage stuffing and spoon the mixture into the Mushrooms
- Place the mushroms into a baking dish and bake for 20-25mins.
- Serve with chips and light side salad
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…