home made milk rice- srilanka
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 500 grams rice, white
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk thick
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice, put in a medium saucepan and add water.
- Bring to the boil in medium heat, cover the saucepan, cooking until the rice is soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt, stir well, and reduce heat to low, continue cooking in low heat for another 10 minutes, until the milk has been absorbed.
- coconut milk is absorbed, and the rice is very soft and creamy. By now rice milk is ready.
- Transfer the rice milk to a flat plate and fatten down with piece of butter paper.
- If you like any shape, you can use a cookie cutter, serve with fish, chicken curry, banana.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…