Carrot and pineapple cake
Member recipe by katierun
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Pieces
A delicious moist cake full of sweetness and goodness. It tastes amazing!
- 300g grated carrot
- 2 small bananas (pureed)
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 350g of very small pineapple chunks in natural juice
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 400g wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 110g sultanas/raisins
- 2tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the sugar with the sunflower oil, add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the pineapple chunks (it works well to slightly blend them - but not too much as you want some chunks to be left). Mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix in. Finally add the baking powder, honey, grated carrot and sultanas.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and bake in the oven for 30-40mins until risen and when a fork comes out of the cake clean.
- Leave to stand and set for at least 45 minutes before serving then enjoy!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…