Carrot and pineapple cake
Member recipe by katierun
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Pieces
A delicious moist cake full of sweetness and goodness. It tastes amazing!
- 300g grated carrot
- 2 small bananas (pureed)
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 350g of very small pineapple chunks in natural juice
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 400g wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 110g sultanas/raisins
- 2tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the sugar with the sunflower oil, add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the pineapple chunks (it works well to slightly blend them - but not too much as you want some chunks to be left). Mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix in. Finally add the baking powder, honey, grated carrot and sultanas.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and bake in the oven for 30-40mins until risen and when a fork comes out of the cake clean.
- Leave to stand and set for at least 45 minutes before serving then enjoy!