Caribbean chicken rice & beans
Member recipe by katiedorey
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 100ml caribbean cooking sauce (eg: Reggae Reggae sauce)
- 115g basmati rice
- 200ml coconut cream
- 150ml water
- 300g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- handful fresh coriander, chopped roughly
- Oven to 200C/fan 180C.gas 6. Over a high heat, in a large frying pan, sear the chicken breasts until golden (2mins each side).
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting tin and pour over the Reggae Reggae sauce or equivalent. Roast for 15mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice then tip into a medium saucepan. Stir in the coconut cream and water, place over a high heat and simmer for 6mins. Stir in the kidney beans and cook for a further 5mins until rice is tender. Drain, return to the pan, season and stir in the coriander. Divide between plates and serve with the chicken sliced into strips and the sauce from the roasting tin.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…