Indulgance Choc-chip Cookies
Member recipe by rebecca97
Is a chocolate indulgance, for the chocolate lover, the best cookie.
- 125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 150g flour
- 30g cocoa, sieved
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125g soft butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, cold from the fridge
- 350g semi sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170oC/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water
- put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a bowl
- cream the butter and sugars in another bowl, add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- beat the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips
- scoop out 12 equal-sized-mounds- an ice cream scoop, and a palette knife are the best tools for the job- and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. do not flatten them
- cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. if you pierce a chocolate chip ,try again.
- leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4- 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…