Hot Cross Bun Apricot Pudding
Member recipe by phillipa1
A wonderful Easter alternative to the traditional bread and butter pudding. The sweet and spicy buns and apricots make a superb combination together with the creamy yogurt and milk.
- 4 hot cross buns
- 50g (2oz) Yeo Valley organic butter
- 125g (4.5oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 50g (2oz) soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 275ml (10floz) Yeo Valley Organic Wholemilk
- 200g (7oz) Yeo Valley Organic Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven 180C, gas mark 4. Slice the buns vertically into thick slices and butter one side of each slice.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter and arrange the bread slices on the base, overlapping slightly. Scatter over the apricots.
- Place the eggs, milk, yogurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture over the bread and apricots.
- Place the dish in a large roasting tin. Fill the tin half way up with boiling water. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the custard is just set. Remove from the oven. Serve with Yeo Valley Greek Yogurt or Yeo Valley Creme fraiche.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…