Hot Chocolate Custard Puds
Member recipe by mariamtherese
A little chocolate goes a long way in these brilliantly easy puddings that are low fat and saturated fat. Kids will love them too.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for oiling
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g/2oz golden caster sugar
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- for the chocolate custard
- 2x150g pots low fat custard
- 25g/1oz plain chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees/fan gas 3. Brush six holes of a muffin tin with a drop of oil. sieve the cocoa in a large bowl along with the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir to combine and make a well in the middle.
- Beat the milk, egg and oil together in a jug, pour into the well in the dry ingredients then stir quickly to make a batter. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 15 mins.
- Heat the custard in the microwave according to the packet instructions, or in a pan, then tip in the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Turn the pudding into bowls and pour the custard over.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…