Plum Almond Elderflower Tart
Member recipe by phillipa1
This Plum, Almond and Elderflower Tart is really easy to make and is perfect for impressing friends and family. And the best part is that it only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
- - 50g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- - 50g plain flour
- - 50g wholemeal flour
- - 50g light Muscavado sugar
- - 50g unsalted butter,
- - Extra butter for greasing.
- - 50g unsalted butter
- - 50g caster sugar
- - 1 medium egg
- - 75g ground almonds
- - 3 tbsp Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial
- - 6 plums (approximately 400g)
- - 1 rounded tbsp apricot jam or marmalade
- - 1 tbsp Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Grease the inside of a 23cm loose-bottomed flan tin with soft butter.
- For the base, mix together the crushed biscuits, the plain flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter, add it to the dry ingredients, and mix well. Turn mixture into the flan tin, press evenly into the base and slightly up the sides.
- For the almond cream, put the butter, sugar, egg, almonds and cordial into a food processor and blitz into a thick paste. Spread the paste over the biscuit base.
- Halve and quarter the plums, discard the stones, and then arrange them over the paste. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, warm the jam or marmalade and cordial in a small pan until melted. Press through a sieve and then once the tart is cooked, brush the glaze over the top. Serve warm or cold.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…