Member recipe by cherylshap
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cakes
An easy recipe! Lovely little cakes to show your man how much you love him!
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Margarine
- 2 eggs
- 100g currants (or sometimes i add a little orange rind or lemon whatever i fancy)
- For icing-
- 50g Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar
- few drops vanilla essence or a little more orange/lem rind
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Heat oven to 180ÃÂºC. Have bun cases in trays ready.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each. Gently fold in remaining flour. Then mix in Currants (or zest etc).
- Spoon in cases (about half full) and bake for 15 minutes
- When cool mix the butter,icing sugar and flavouring, spread a little on each cake and finish with sprinkles. I found lovely little heart sprinkles online, a nice touch for valentines
- Serve with a good cup of tea and a kiss!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…