Thai Green Curry Soup
Member recipe by hannahk
Quick but super tasty, this is my reinvention of an amazing green curry I had at a market in Bangkok
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp green curry paste (amount according to level of heat required)
- approx 2cm lemongrass, bruised and finely chopped
- small piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 2 bulbs bok choi
- 1/2 pack mangetout or sugar snap peas
- 1 pack straight-to-wok noodles (prferably pad thai noodles)
- 100g frozen soya beans
- 100g tofu pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- vegetable oil
- coriander to garnish
- Soften the onions in the vegetable oil, and add the curry paste, fry off for approx 1 min
- Add the coconut milk, lemon grass and ginger, bring to the boil then turn down until simmering
- Add the vegetables to the broth, simmer for 5 mins until veg are cook but still retain a crunch.
- Whilst the veg are cooking fry the tofu in hot vegetable oil for approx 5 mins or until golden brown, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and toss the tofu in them until coated with the seeds.
- Just before serving stir the noodles in to broth and leave for a min to heat through.
- Distribute the veg and noodles evenly between bowls then tip over the broth, top off with the browned tofu and garnish with the coriander.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…