Sticky American Pancakes
Member recipe by dsteeple
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Pancakes
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 2tbsp Sugar
- 1 beaten Egg
- 150ml Cold Milk
- Carefully sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a jug, lightly whisk the egg and milk together.
- Pour the egg and milk into the well and whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Lightly grease a frying pan or griddle and preheat to a medium heat.
- Carefully drop 3 separate tablespoons of the mixture into the pan, keeping them well apart.
- When golden brown, flip them over and cook the other side too.
- If stacked between layers of kitchen paper, this will keep them warm and moist until the all others have been cooked.
- Serve with a little butter, jam or golden syrup. A scoop of ice-cream can also make it more special.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…