Member recipe by grantanderson
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 8oz Butter
- 8oz Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 8oz Black Treacle
- 2 Eggs
- 12oz Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 pint Milk
- 3 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Grease and line a cake tin that is 8x12 in size. Heat the butter, sugar and treacle together in a pan until the butter has just melted.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, ginger and cinnamon into another bowl. Stir the melted mixture and the eggs into the flour.
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Remove the heat and stir into the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the mixture and beat well. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 170c/Gas 3 for 1 1/2 hours. Turn out and allow to cool on a rack.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…