Coffee and walnut cake
Member recipe by alabir
- 2 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 125g softened butter
- 100ml (half small mug) strong cooled coffee
- Crushed walnuts
- 4 tbs icing sugar (optional)
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and flour together and beat with an electric whisk
- Fold in walnuts and mix in half the coffee
- Pour into a cake tin
- Cook at 160 (fan) for 25 to 30 mins
- Leave 5 mins, then put onto a wire rack
- Either spoon the remaining coffee over the cake and leave to cool, or once cooled mix the remaining coffee with the icing sugar and pour over cake.
- Eat and Enjoy!!!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…