Sardine & Tomato sauce toasty
Member recipe by email@example.com
- 1 Tin (155g) Sardines or Pilchards in Tomatoe Sauce
- 2 Slices of medium sliced bread (white is best)
- Butter for spreading
- Optional additions
- Large pinch Cumin, Smoked Paprika or Oregano.
- Put a dry frying pan on a medium to high heat
- Tip Sardines or pilchards with sauce into a small pan & put on a low heat. Just to warm. Do not boil
- Butter well the slices of bread. Then put one slice butter side down into the frying pan, it should sizzle.
- Add either of the optional ingredients now to the sardines if using.
- When the slice of bread is coloured to your liking, (some chard spots adds flavour). Put second slice of bread butter side up on top of it then carefully turn the two slices over and fry the other side until same colour.
- Place fried bread on a plate. Lift off the top slice & spoon the sardines & sauce onto the bottom slice. Replace the top slice. Serve with hot mango pickle ( My favourite), ketchup or mayo
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…