Ten Vegetable Chicken Bake
Member recipe by emmas29
A delicious one pot meal of tender vegetables with crispy chicken thighs on top.
- 2 Carrots - thickly sliced
- 2 small or 1 large Sweet Potato - peeled and cut into chunks
- 6-8 Baby Potatoes - cut into wedges
- 2 Leeks - sliced
- 2 Peppers - 1 red and 1 yellow or orange - cut into biggish chunks
- 2 sticks of Celery - sliced
- 1 Courgette - thickly sliced
- 1 red Chilli - seeds removed finely sliced
- A handful of Haricot Vert (French beans/green beans/dwarf beans, whatever you want to call them) - topped and tailed
- A handful of sliced white cabbage
- 300ml Chicken Stock (hot)
- 10-15 Baby Tomatoes
- Mix all the vegetables other than the tomatoes together and place them in a large roasting dish
- Pour the hot chicken stock over the vegetables and place the chicken thighs skin side up on top. Rub paprika into the chicken skin and scatter fresh (or dried) thyme over the entire dish.
- Tightly seal the dish with aluminium foil - it must be really tightly sealed so use a lot of foil
- Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes then take the foil off, increase the temperature to 210C. Add the cherry tomatoes and bake for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and the vegetables are soft
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…