Cornish cream tea cupcakes
Member recipe by honeebee
Cooking timeInc 20 minutes cooling time
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
The delicious taste of Cornish cream tea transformed in little cupcakes
- 150g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 30ml double cream
- 10ml Madagascar vanilla extract
- 12tsp of strawberry jam
- 12tsp of clotted cream
- 6 strawberries cut into halves
- A sprinkle of Icing sugar to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, 150 degrees if dan assisted. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, cream and vanilla and then gradually fold in the flour.
- Divide 12 cupcake cases into a 12 hole muffin tray and divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. (As with all sponge, the tops should be spongey but if you poke with a sharp knife, it should come out clean of any mixture). Leave to cool.
- Cut a circle into the top of each cake (about 1cm deep) so you can lift the top off each one. Fill each cake with a tsp of clotted cream and a tsp of strawberry jam and pop the tops back onto the cakes. Dust with a sprinkle of icing sugar and finish each with a strawberry half.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…