- 200g packet smoked salmon, torn into strips
- 1 large bulb of fennel, trimmed, cored, halved and finely sliced into strips
- 50g bag of rocket
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
- 200g ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
Once available in Britain for just a brief period during the summer, strawberries are now a year…
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- crusty brown rolls, to serve
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients, season if you want to; set aside. Put the smoked salmon, fennel, rocket and strawberries into a separate bowl.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently so everything glistens. Finish with cracked black pepper and serve with crusty rolls.