Rigatoni al forno
Member recipe by chicodo
- Rigatoni 300g
- Mozzarella 1 small ball, diced
- grana padano, or parmesan 2 tbsp of grates
- PASTA SAUCE
- pork and herb sausages 6, skinned
- garlic 2 cloves, crushed
- fennel seeds 1 tsp, crushed
- rosemary leaves chopped, to make 2 tsp
- plum or chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- To make the sauce, heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick trying pan. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as it browns, so you have quite small pieces. Add the garlic, fennel and rosemary and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Add the tomatoes then simmer for 20 minutes until thickened. Cook the pasta but keep an eye on it, and stop cooking when it is a couple of minutes away from being done - you will be cooking it more in the oven so you want it to still have a bit of bite.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce and tip into a baking dish. Scatter over the mozzarella and grana padano and bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve with a salad, if you like.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…