Homemade Ravioli Dough
Member recipe by nabilajalamdeh
This is a recipe uploaded by Lori Daniels on A Taste of Home- just add your favorite filling!
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine your filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll one portion to 1/16-in. thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten. Fold sheet over; press down to seal.
- Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a soup kettle of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain. Spoon sauce over ravioli.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…