LAMB & FETA MEATBALLS
Member recipe by katherine_cooks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 125g Yamas! Mild Feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 300g dried spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons freshly shredded basil
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cover and sweat the onions over a medium heat for 4 minutes, until softened. Transfer half the onions to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the minced lamb, 100 g of the feta and egg to the onions in the bowl. Season well, then mix together. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- Add the peppers and meatballs to the onions in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the meatballs are lightly browned all over. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Season and bring to the boil. Partially cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Stir the basil into the tomato sauce. Divide the spaghetti between 4 pasta bowls and top with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle each with the reserved crumbled feta.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…