Pork Chops with Maple syrup
Member recipe by paulkiely
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 150ml maple syrup
- Pour 4 tbsp olive oil into large frying pan (preferably NOT non-stick) over a medium heat. Season the pork chops with 2 tsp salt and add to pan when oil is hot.
- Cook for 3-5 mins on each side until nicely browned all over and cooked through. Transfer cooked chops to warmed plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- If very little oil left add an extra tbsp and fry the onions and thyme leaves. Season with salt and stir fry for 3 mins until onions have softened but not browned. Pour in the vinegar and using a wooden spoon deglaze pan scraping any browned residue from the chops. Bring to a simmer for 2 mins then stir in maple syrup and 1 tsp pepper.
- Bring back to simmer, cook for 7-10 mins until the sauce has reduced to a sticky glaze. Check for seasoning then pour sauce over the pork chops and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…