- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 450g creamed tomatoes (passata)
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 2 x 200g cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
A member of the mackerel family, tuna are mainly found in the world's warmer oceans. They…
- 375g linguine
Prepare the sauce: Heat the oil in a medium pan. Toss in 2 tbsp of the parsley, the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for a few minutes until slightly soft. Tip in the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes. Fold in the tuna and season the sauce generously. Leave the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
Boil the pasta: Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes, or as directed on the pack. Drain, then return to the pan. Pour the tuna sauce into the pasta and toss well. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley, divide between four bowls and serve.