Member recipe by karlamarie
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Biscuits
- 350g self-raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g butter
- 75g golden syrup
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 170 (fan) °C/ gas 5 and grease several baking sheets.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda with a pinch of salt.
- Over a low heat, melt together the butter and syrup, then pour over the flour mixture. Add the egg and orange rind and mix thoroughly into a dough.
- With your hands, shape the dough into around 30 individual, even-sized balls.
- Slightly flatten each ball before placing (spaced well apart) onto the baking sheets and baking for 15-20 minutes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…