Chorizo, Tomato & Pepper Soup
Member recipe by leighn79
A heart warming spicy little number that wonât take you more than 25 minutes to make!
- 1 onion chopped
- 50-100g of chopped chorizo
- 1 chilli chopped (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pepper (red/yellow/orange) chopped
- 750ml of chicken stock
- 1 carton of passata (400g)
- 50g of brown rice (or white if you prefer)
- In a large pot heat up some oil (not olive â vegetable, rapeseed or butter)
- Add in the onion, garlic, chorizo, chilli and pepper cook for about 5mins
- Then add in the passata, chicken stock, rice and season well
- Simmer for approx 20-25 mins, stirring occasionally.
- And thatâs it done â you can top with basil and or parmesan if you fancy too, before serving with some tasty crusty bread â enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…