Tomato & Thyme Soup
Member recipe by eirefairy
- 750g Roma Tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- Small bunch of thyme (2tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic
- 70g tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters. Cut out the white hard cores. Dice the onion and the carrot. Finely chop the thyme.
- Dissolve the 2 stock cubes in 750ml of very hot water.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pan on a medium flame. Add the tomato puree and fry for 1 minute. Cut or press the garlice and add this to the puree. Add the onion, chopped carrot. Add salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the stock, the tomatoes and thyme and bring to cook on a high heat for 10-15mins. The tomatoes shoudl start to fall apart. Add the sugar.
- Take the mixture off the heat. Puree with a blender.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…