Pasta alla Salmone
Member recipe by markscamilleri
A great starter or main dish for fish lovers (and non-fish lovers!)
- 500g pasta, either penne or a strip variety such as linguine.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- Approx. 140g thinly sliced smoked salmon, shredded (if using preserved, this is the DRAINED WEIGHT)
- A sprinkling of good vodka, brandy, or whisky (whichever you prefer, about 2 tbsp)
- 400ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Minced parsley to your taste
- Optional: several leaves finely shredded radicchio (arugula) -- stir them in with the salmon
- Optional: 50g Caviar, (any colour)
- Fill in a pot with water for the pasta and salt it. Leave it to boil.
- SautÃ© the onion in the butter (in a pan) until it wilts, then add the salmon and cook a minute or so more, stirring, until it lightens in color.
- Sprinkle in the liquor (vodka will add a crisper note, and brandy a slightly sweeter one), stir until it is evaporated, and stir in the cream.
- Heat through, check seasoning, and itÃ¢ÂÂs ready; sprinkle the parsley over it at the very end, just before you use it to sauce the pasta.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, garnish with some parsley leaves (if possible) and leave it for 5 minutes to thicken. Serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…