Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Member recipe by muktavarma
Fat free Yogurt makes this delicious cake super moist and extremely healthy.
- 200 gms plain flour
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberry puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp strawberry crush
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- For the strawberry puree:
- 36 fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Place the strawberries, sugar and water in a medium sized bowl. Microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes. stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes. Cool. Add in the lemon juice and blend in a mixer to get your strawberry puree.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer whisk the eggs and sugar till almost double in size. Add in the sifted flour, baking powder, lemon juice, strawberry puree, vanilla essence, salt, oil and the yogurt and whisk for 2-3 minutes till nicely blended.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin. Take the strawberry crush and just spoon over the cake batter to form ribbons.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…