cheese and onion pasty
Member recipe by stevenduggie
- 1 packet of puff pastry shop bought
- 200g of mature cheese
- 2 onions
- 25 g butter
- Twist of black pepper
- Pre heat oven on gas mark 6 and put a baking tray in the centre of the oven
- Flour work surface and rolling pin and roll out puff pastry till its about the same thickness of about 5 mm
- Take a 8 inch x 5 inch pie dish and rub some butter inside greasing it lightly,then take your pastry and line the tin with it making sure to gently press it into the corners of the tin,trim the pastry but try to leave a small amount hanging over the sides of the pie dish
- Grate 200 g of mature cheese into a mixing bowl,then finely chop 2 onions and also place into the mixing bowl,add 25 g of soft butter,give the mixture a good twist of black pepper,and mix it all in
- Place the pie filling into your pie dish,and take your pastry lid and place on top,crimp the sides of the pastry together and take a knife and put 2 small slits in to the top of the pie,take an egg and mix it,then brush the top of the pie
- Place in the oven on the baking tray and leave for 45 min until golden brown. Leave pie for 20 mins to cool after removing from oven.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…