Member recipe by thitherwards
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Pieces
Paan Khand - Dessert Made @Home. Ideal for people who are calorie/ health/ diet freaks :)
- 1.Sugarless Condensed Milk: 250 Ml (If you donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt get sugarless condensed milk, you may try to prepare it at home ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ you need to have more time and patience.
- 2.Fat Free, High Protein Paneer: 3 Packs
- 3.Milk Powder: 300 Gms
- 4.Coconut Powder: 50 Gms
- 5.Desiccated Coconut
- 6.Paan Extract/ Betel Leaves (4-5)
- 7.Sweetened Fennels
- 8.Used for garnishing: Rock Sugar ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Just a few pieces, Dry Fruits, Saffron etc
- 9.Rose Essence (or anything you like to have)
- 10.Sugar free
- 11.Grated Beet root
- 12.Ghee - DonÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt use more than 2 table spoons in total
- 13.A dash of Salt
- 14.Kova (optional)
- I. To prepare the main peda base:
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Crumble the cottage cheese (paneer) cubes, and keep it aside. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In a non-stick pan, add quarter spoon of Ghee (optional) and add the crumbled paneer. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Saute until the crumbled paneer turns a little moist. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ At that point, add the sugarless condensed milk (250 Ml) to it and keep stirring until it merges well with paneer to form a thick consistency. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add a dash of salt in the mixture while stirring. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In case if it doesnÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt a ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂthickÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ base , add milk powder little by little (not the whole at once) until it forms thick. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may also add cocunut powder (gives nice flavor). ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add sugar free at the end (as required) along with few drops of Rose essence. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may add sugar less, fat free kova (optional). ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Transfer that paste to a plate and let it cool. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Separate one-fourth of this base, flatten it to let it cool faster.
- II. To prepare the paan flavored stuffing:
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In the same non-stick pan, add 3-4 table spoons of grated beetroot and saute it with one quarter spoon of Ghee. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ When it is semi-cooked, add the separated base with beetroot and saute until it turns red. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add a few drops of betel leavesÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ juice (or paan extract preferably). Saute until it forms a firm base. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may add sugar free in case you sweeten it more.
- III. Final touch:
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Make small balls of the red base and the white base (smaller red and larger white) ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Form a cuplet structure with the white peda balls. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Try to stuff the paan flavored balls into the peda white balls and cover the white peda as one in a stuffed paratha. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Roll them once well on your palm to give a neat finishing. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Garnish them with sweet fennels, saffron, dry fruits (whatever you may want to) ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Try to garnish them with things used in a sweet paan. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Roll the garnished peda on dry desiccated coconut.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…