Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese
Member recipe by cookingragamuffin
This Quorn speghetti bolognese recipe is suitable for both vegetarians and those who just love Quorn!
- 350g Quorn Mince,
- 2 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 200ml boiling water
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried majoram
- 350g spaghetti (dried)fresh basil leaves, torn, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Italian style hard cheese shavings to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic gently for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, red wine, dried herbs, tomato ketchup and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer gently for a further 8-10 minutes. Stir in the Quorn mince continue to cook over a low heat while you cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, season to taste.
- Drain the spaghetti, spoon the bolognese sauce over the top and serve, sprinkle with some basil leaves and Parmesan or vegetarian Italian hard cheese shavings.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…