Pesto Salmon & Spaghetti
Member recipe by chimane
A delicious Mediterranean inspired recipe using wholewheat spaghetti and canned wild salmon, easy peasy and ready in under half an hour!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pack of wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 418g can of wild pink salmon
- 2 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of Pesto
- 1/2 green/yellow pepper, chopped
- handful of green olives (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- a pinch (or more if desired) of chili flakes
- a pinch (or more if desired) dried mixed herbs
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, add spaghetti and leave to boil for approx 15 minutes
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and add the chopped pepper, crushed garlic, chili flakes and mixed herbs, cook until the peppers are softening and then add the can of salmon, gently breaking it into flakes with a wooden spoon, add the spoonfuls of pesto and then pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir well and leave to simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti once cooked, tip the spaghetti into the pan of other ingredients and mix together, add black pepper to taste
- Toss in the handful of olives, stir and serve immediatley
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…