turkey,bacon and mushroom pie
Member recipe by jennat1985
- 300g turkey
- 7 slices of bacon
- 250g mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 200ml chicken stock
- 100ml of milk
- dash of worcester sauce
- 1 tsp of english mustard
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 300g ready rolled puff pastry
- Beaten egg
- pre-heat oven to gas mark 6.
- Fry turkey pieces, set aside. Add bacon to pan, fry for 5 mins until crispy.set aside.
- In the same pan fry chopped onion and celery till soften
- Add all ingredients back to pan, Add chicken stock and milk, bring back to the boil and add corn flour and thyme, turn down heat and simmer for 20 mins
- add mixture to pie dish, then brush the rim of the pie dish with egg and cut strips of pastry to fit around the rim of the dish, Brush with egg, then lift the rest of the pastry over the pie, using the rolling pin to help. Gently press the edges with your fingers and trim with a sharp knife. Brush lightly with egg to glaze, then bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is risen and dark golden brown.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…