Emma's Mexican Lasagne
Member recipe by october84
- 500g mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 red and green pepper, sliced
- 6-8 tortilla wraps, cut in half
- 500g cheese grated
- 1 packet (30g) of fajita seasoning mix (any heat you like, I use hot)
- Optional extras:
- red and green jalapeno's chopped (or from a jar)
- extra onion or peppers to suit taste
- Pre heat oven to 180 fan.
- Fry your mince and onions until just cooked through. Add peppers and fajita seasoning, fry for 2 min.
- Add kidney beans and tomatoes, stir through and simmer for 10min.
- While simmering grate your cheese and get a lasagne dish ready for assembling together.
- Put half the mince mixture into the bottom of the dish, add a layer of tortilla wraps (overlapping like you would with lasagne sheets) then grated cheese. Layer again in same way with remaining mince, tortillas and cheese.
- Cook in oven for 20min, finishing off for 5 min under the grill to get some colour into the cheese.
- Serve with salad, potato wedges, salsa, soured cream and guacamole.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…