Rice Pudding with Jaggery
Member recipe by meetsudeshna
It is a very well known Indian dessert. Recipe pudding is generally sweetened with sugar, but during winter when jaggery is much available in the market, its used to get the color and the inherent flavor for this rice pudding
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 cup scented rice
- 1/4 cup jaggery
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Boil the milk in low flame till it reduces to half the volume. It would take about 40-45 mins. In the meantime mix the rice with ghee
- Pour out a little milk in a bowl and add the jaggery. Press the jaggery with the back of a spoon, so that it dissolves in the milk
- Add the rice to the milk, and let it boil over low flame till the rice is cooked.
- Pour the jaggery mixed milk into the vessel and boil for 2-3 minutes more. Garnish with the crushed cloves. Serve hot or cold
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…