Lighter Ravioli Italian Style
Member recipe by kerry_jakes
Ravioli Pasta with a simple homemade Pesto sauce accompanied with tomatoes and mushrooms. A lighter but filling alternative pasta dish for lunch or dinner.
- 500g Ravioli
- 3-4 Fresh Tomatoes
- 250g Mushrooms (Chestnut)
- FOR THE PESTO
- 1 Potted Fresh Basil or Two Packs of pre-packed Pesto
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- About 2 handfuls of Grated Cheese (depending on preference) - can be cheese of choice but preferably Emmental, Gruyere or Parmesan
- EXTRA TO SERVE (Optional)
- Rocket Salad
- Grated Cheese
- PESTO: Blend all Basil leaves in a blender until finely chopped. Add olive oil and cheese & blend some more.
- PASTA: Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for appropriate time (usually 2-3 mins)
- Whilst water is boiling, quarter or quarter and quarter again the tomatoes and place in frying pan. Fry on fairly high heat for 1-2 mins.
- Thickly slice or quarter the Mushrooms and add to tomatoes, frying on high heat until mushrooms are fairly soft. (If mushrooms are cooked before pasta is cooked then remove from heat as they will continue to shrink even when removed from the heat)
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the mushrooms and tomatoes in the frying pan. Then also add the Pesto sauce.
- Mix well until all combined and hot. Serve with rocket salad and some grated cheese (optional).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…