- 4 slices beef & bacon meatloaf (see recipe in 'Goes well with', below)
- 1 tomato, sliced
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 25g grated cheddar or Red Leicester
Once cheddar was 'Cheddar', a large, hard-pressed barrel of cheese made by a particular…
- 2 burger bun or rolls, halved
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp harissa
This hot, aromatic paste made from chilli and assorted other spices and herbs is spicy and…
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, torn
- small chunk cucumber, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
Turn on the grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil, then place the meatloaf slices on it. Cover with the tomato and cheese, and grill until the meatloaf is hot and the cheese has melted.
Warm the burger buns in the toaster or under the grill. Mix the mayo and harissa, then spread over the bottom half of the buns, arranging the lettuce and cucumber on top. Add the slices of meatloaf, then top with the onion, a twist of black pepper and bun tops.