Member recipe by thomsonsar
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pieces
A great way to make the most of your storecupbaord ingredients, a tasty twist on the classic flapjack
- 100g butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 80g caster sugar
- 225g oats
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 80g caramel biscuit (I used twix) or fudge/toffee
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ fan 170C/ gas 5.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan then add the mashed banana to pan before removing from the heat. Measure the oats in a mixing bowl and then mix in the melted ingredients.
- Cut up your caramel biscuit into small chunks then combine this with your mixture.
- Divide the mixture into a 12 hole silicone muffin tray (or normal baking tray) and flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it starts to go golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy while they're still warm!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…