Charming chicken tagine
Member recipe by giles_74
- 1 TBSP OF OLIVE OIL
- 2 MEDIUM SIZED RED ONIONS
- 450G/1LB OF FROZEN MIXED CHICKEN CUTS
- 1 TSP OF CUMIN
- 1 HANDFULL OF MIXED FROZEN PEPPERS
- 1/4 OF A PUNET OF CHOPPED MUSHROOMS
- 1 TBSP OF TOMATO PUREE
- 500ML OF VEGETABLE STOCK
- 1 CAN OF CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 1 CAN OF BERTOLLI BEANS
- 2/3 SPLASHES OF WORCESTER SAUCE
- 1 HANDFULL OF FRESHLY CHOPPED CORIANDER
- 1 TSP OF PAPRIKA
- 1 TSP OF GARLIC POWDER
- 1 TBSP OF CLEAR HONEY
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- PLACE THE CHICKEN ON BAKING TRAY AND PUT IN OVEN TILL COOKED.
- IN A FRYING PAN WITH OLIVE OIL ON MEDIUM HEAT BROWN OFF THE MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS, ADD TO CASSEROLE DISH WHEN DONE.
- MEANWHILE IN BETWEEN FRYING, EMPTY THE CHOPPED TOMATOES INTO A CASSEROLE DISH ALONG WITH THE PAPRIKA, TOMATO PUREE, CUMIN, FROZEN PEPPERS ETC ... RINSE BERTOLLI BEANS IN COLANDER WITH HOT WATER BEFORE HAND
- ONCE DONE EMPTY INTO THE CASSEROLE DISH, WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE CUT INTO PIECES AND ADD TO THE CASSROLE DISH.
- PLACE IN OVEN FOR 30/45 MINS TILL DONE CHECK EVERY 15 MINS OR SO AND GIVE IT A STIR.
- WHEN DONE SERVE WITH COUSCOUS OR RICE
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…