chocolate sponge cake
Member recipe by katiepebbles1
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Cakes
- 60g coco powder
- 6 tbsp boiling water
- 3 free range eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- 100g soft butter
- 300g caster sugar
- For the icing:
- 150g chocolate broken into small pieces
- 150ml double cream
- icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 180c then grease and line 2 cake tins.
- mix the coco powder and the water until it forms a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until wll combined.
- divide the mixture between the 2 cake tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and shrinking away from the sides.
- Put chocolate and cream together in a bowl and stand over a pan of boiling water until melted. Set aside and leave until cool and almost set.
- put the icing all over your cakes and dust icing sugar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…