Classic chilli con carne
Member recipe by giles_74
- 300G OF MINCED BEEF
- 1 TIN OF CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 1 TIN OF RED KIDNEY BEANS
- 1 ONION
- 1 HANDFUL OF FROZEN MIXED PEPPERS
- 1 TSP OF GARLIC POWDER
- 1 TSP OF OREGANO
- 1 TSBP OF TOMATO PUREE
- 1 TBSP OF TOMATO KETCHUP
- 1 HANDFUL OF FRESHLY CHOPPED PARSLEY
- 1 TSP OF CHILLI POWDER
- 1 TSP OF CUMIN
- 1 TSP PAPRIKA
- 1 TBSP OF VEGETABLE OIL
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER TO SEASON
- ADD OIL TO PAN, THEN ADD CHOPPED ONIONS ON MEDIUM HEAT WHEN STARTING TO COLOUR TURN DOWN HEAT THEN ADD MINCED BEEF AND SEASON WITH SALT AND PEPPER.
- ADD CHOPPED TOMATOES, PUREE, TOMATO SAUCE & REST OF INGREDENTS BIT BY BIT STIRING AS YOU GO TO BIND.
- BEFORE ADDING KIDNEY BEANS EMPTY INTO CULINDAR AND RISE WITH BOILED WATER, ADD MIXED PEPPERS AT THE SAME TIME.
- SERVE WITH BOILED RICE, ENJOY !!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…