Member recipe by paullovescooking
Sauteed chicken simmered in a sauce of tomatoes, olives, white wine, garlic, and herbs.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons white wine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute about 4 to 6 minutes each side, until golden. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Saute garlic in pan drippings for 30 seconds, then add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer for 10 minutes. Add thyme and basil and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cover. Cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add olives and parsley to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…