Mini Banana Muffins
Member recipe by lilfruitbat
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g/2oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana, well mashed
- 55ml/2 fl oz sunflower oil
- 85g/3oz wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Add in's that are successful: handful of raisins/sultanas, chopped walnuts, chopped dates, chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan. Line 2 mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick, stir in the banana and oil.
- Sift on the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt (if using) and add the bran left in the sieve to the bowl too.Stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases (around 2/3rds full) and bake 12-14 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Remove and cool.
- Store in an airtight box for up to 3 days or freeze (defrost at room temp approx 1 hour).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…