Member recipe by therealheidi
A warming butternut squash and goats cheese risotto for cold evenings!
- 300g Risotto Rice
- 1 Small Butternut Squash diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 125ml White Wine (optional)
- 300ml Chicken Stock (+125ml if not using wine)
- 1 Sprig Thyme chopped
- 2 Sage Leaves chopped
- 100g Goats Cheese
- To Serve - Ciabatta
- In small pan with some oil begin to sautÃÂ© the squash. Stir regularly to ensure even cooking whilst carrying on with the risotto.
- Fry the diced onion until softened in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and 30 seconds later the rice. Stir and add the white wine (or a little stock). Begin to add one ladle of stock at a time and stir until dissolved by the rice before adding another.
- After 10 minutes add your thyme and sage and salt, pepper to taste. Now add the squash and continue adding stock until finished approx 5 mins.
- Just before serving stir through small chunks of goats cheese and allow to melt into the mixture. Serve and eat immediately with some crusty bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…